Hey Beautiful people,
As summer is around the corner, its time to start getting that body back, that is if you are not already on it. For those of you who are already leading a healthy lifestyle, KUDOS and good job to y’all. For those who are not, don’t beat yourself up summer is at least a month away. And the weather certainly keeps reminding us about it.
I’m going to be talking about a fitness class that made and put me into a better shape than I was before and I’m sure you have guessed from the name its a BARRE (pronounced BAR) class. yes it is.
For those of you wondering what Barre is? I promise I will explain it all in a few paragraphs. But before I do, I wanna share some reasons why I found comfort in barre. Barre is like a warm sunshine on a rainy day. when you don’t feel like going to the gym but you really want to get your fix of the day. when you just aren’t sure if you want to yoga or pilates or feel like a ballerina. when you want to actually want to do your lunges, or work out your arms and look very sexy while sweating. Barre doesn’t care for your gender. Also barre doesn’t judge your level of fitness. The barre is everything Baby, it is everything.
Now what is the Barre ? Barre is a combination of the stretching and toning movements of pilates and yoga, the strengthening and sculpting principles of ballet, and a high-energy cardio workout—small isometric movements target and tone every muscle in your body. You see, I meant it when I say the barre is everything.
Asides the Barre being everything, here are some other benefits that could make you really appreciate your next Barre class.
- You can feel it, you can feel the burn; you know how sometimes you work out and you never know if you are targeting the right muscles because you are not that sore or because you just aren’t feeling the burn? Well I’ve got good news, with Barre you feel the burn and you feel it good. Even though you only use 2.5 – 5lbs of weight.
- It is a huge range of combination between yoga and pilates. you never have to decide if you want to go for your yoga class or your pilates class, because there is a class with both and its called Barre. Awesome ey?
- Barre classes help improve your mind and body concentration; The smaller movements in a barre class can bring a new level of awareness to the body that you wouldn’t get in regular strength workouts. It also improves muscular activation for frequently underused muscles by strengthening the neuromuscular (mind-body) connection.
- Barre improves your flexibility; ballet stretches are a huge part of the class, this ensures muscle elongation, bulk reduction therefore balance and alignment are achieved.
- Barre engages your core constantly, irregardless of what exercise you are performing. A strong core can increase your performance in all other activities in your life.
- Barre increases your bone strength; we all know taking your calcium and performing exercise really helps strengthen your bones but so does a barre class, without the super extra strength training. The more you practice barre, your muscles get stronger. The constant tension and resistance placed on the muscles makes them stronger. This is key to warding off osteoporosis and other bone defects that come with age.
And as said before barre class gives you that extra sexy sweat you need to power your day.
This could be a lot to take in, but if you ever want to just jump in and try out the class. Here are a few things to bring for your first barre class.
- Arrive at-least 15mins early
- Wear form fitting clothes or clothes you feel comfortable in.
- Bring water/ water bottle.
- Bring a towel as you would sweat a lot.
- You could always rent a mat, but never hurts to bring yours
- You don’t need shoes for this, your bar[r]e feet is good enough or yoga socks.
- Remember to keep an open mind and if it is too complex, ask for a variation.
- Lastly, have fun and enjoy the class.