“There was nowhere to go but everywhere so just keep on rolling under the stars”
This post is for the adventurous souls. The ones who travel to live and live to travel. They dwell on the philosophy that the planet is theirs, so they need to introduce themselves. And they do, every step at a time until life becomes their very own journey through time and space. Despite this description, how do you tell if you are adventurous? Is it okay to assume that only those that travel places are regarded as adventurous souls? How about those that long to travel, yet sit at home and live lavishly and vicariously through others’ adventures? This constriction to travel may be due to insufficient funds and many other worldly conflicts. Do we all then assume that these people aren’t adventurous? Just a food for thought. In the end, I believe that being adventurous really lies in that undeniable longing to go somewhere, to travel somewhere, to experience a new culture, to taste a different meal, to live life like we are not used to. So, being adventurous, in my opinion is a way of life that cannot be characterized or described, because at some point, we all long for something different; a life that is different.
In recent weeks, I’ve been having this unquenchable longing to go somewhere, anywhere in Southeast Asia. There is so much rich and pristine culture in this subregion of Asia that seduces me so very much. So, I’ve decided to save up and plan a trip, but before that I decided to explore the Internet for several videos and blog posts of other travelers’ experiences in different countries in Southeast Asia. In the end, I was incredibly left in awe after experiencing life through other travelers, not only of their experiences while visiting several places in Southeast Asia, but of other parts of the world too. My findings inspired me to write this post to those that wish to experience life through other people. I’ve compiled everything I thought were interesting, and they include, real videos shot by travelers during their visits to several parts of the world, genuine blog posts/articles describing several subjective travelers’ experiences in different parts of the world, as well as artistic photographs of different parts of the world on blog websites and on people’s instagram profiles.
Here are a few of my favorite videos that I came across, enjoy:
- This is an incredible video of two filmmakers trip to Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia. It’s realness is what undoubtedly captivates me every time I press play.
[vimeo https://vimeo.com/58703259 w=729&h=410]
- This video follows the journey of what seems to be like a group of friends during their trip to Vietnam. I like this video because it captures very real moments and people. A must-watch.
[vimeo https://vimeo.com/28454865 w=729&h=410]
- In this video, there are no sugar-coats, this is all real. And every frame was beautifully and excellently captured.
[vimeo https://vimeo.com/69588707 w=729&h=410]
- In this video, Vincent Urban captures the very essence of Morocco along with the help of other incredibly talented people. The beauty and creativity showcased in this video is transcendent. Watch for yourself.
[vimeo https://vimeo.com/73605534 w=729&h=410]
- Indonesia as seen in two perspectives. Very beautiful.
[vimeo https://vimeo.com/72911992 w=729&h=410]
Blogs/websites about travel and travel stories
Instagram Profiles to follow:
Let me know in the comment section if this post was helpful, and what you think.