White Chocolate and Blueberry Four-less Blender Muffins
These no fail blender muffins are sure to be added to your weekly routine and are a perfect way to stay committed to healthy eating. Loaded with fiber and protein they are a surprisingly delicious treat that you don’t have to feel guilty about. I first stumbled across a similar recipe when looking for a way to use up some ripened bananas. I am NOT a baker so the no fail blender concept was intriguing. Luckily, it wasn’t a Pinterest fail! These may not look like bakery treats since they fall after cooling but they are a great morning snack or a smart choice during your afternoon cravings.
The blender concept might seem odd, but it means less clean up and is perfect for pouring batter into the muffin tin. The trick is to add the liquids first so that the blender can properly break down the dry oats. Next, you add in the dry ingredients such as the baking powder, baking soda and salt that will allow the muffins to rise. Lastly, I add quick oats to the blender, but you can purchase gluten free oats to make these allergy friendly!
When blending everything, don’t be afraid to pause and give everything a stir. I recommend blending the batter for around 3 minutes but it could take more or less depending on your blender model. You will know it’s ready once the oats have dissolved into a smooth batter like consistency. If your batter is warm you will want to wait to add your mix-ins, because any chocolate might melt. I added blueberries and white chocolate to this batch but you can stick to plain chocolate chips, or get as creative as you would like. All that is left is to fill your greased muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes. They will look beautiful but don’t despair when they start to fall after taking them out of the oven- they are flour-less! Oh and, try not to eat the whole batch once they have cooled. Enjoy!
Preparation: 10 minutes
Baking: 425°F for 15 minutes
- Cooking spray (I use coconut oil spray)
- 2 cups of oats (Gluten free if you prefer)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup OR honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract NOT essence
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of toppings (chocolate chips, nuts, berries etc.)
- Preheat your oven to 425 F and lightly spray a muffin tin with cooking spray
- Dump liquids in blender first: eggs, vanilla, yogurt, maple syrup, bananas
- Next add the dry ingredients: baking powder, baking soda, salt and oats
- Give it a stir with a spatula
- Blend for 3 minutes or until the batter looks smooth- scraping down sides when necessary
- Mix in choice of toppings
- Pour batter into greased muffin tin filling until 3/4 full
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown
- When blending make sure to place your liquids in first, it will make it easier to blend up the oats
- If your batter is warm from the blender wait a few minutes to incorporate the Mix in’s like chocolate chips or they will melt
- Mix it up! Instead of chocolate chips get creative and use; white chocolate, dark chocolate, cranberries, nuts, raisins etc.
- To clean your blender simply add warm water and blend!