The annual Eat, Drink, Spring brought to you by the Ottawa Food and Wine Show is taking place this weekend at Festival Plaza at City Hall. Join them Friday, May 13th from 4pm-10pm and Saturday, May 14th from 12pm to 10pm to sample some delicious food and drinks celebrate spring.
Here’s some things to look forward to at the 2016 edition of Eat, Drink, Spring:
- BBQ School
- Check out one of their free BBQ workshops. There are over 15 one-hour workshops available where you can learn how to make some great things on your bbq. They even have a workshop where you can learn to make dessert on your bbq. You’ll also enjoy trying some tasty free samples.
- Pati-Oh Canada
- Step up your cocktail game with this workshop that will walk you through how to grow herbs in your garden and then how to use them to make drinks.
- Gardening and Patio Décor
- Stop in on one of their workshops that will give you inspiration to create the perfect patio space for all your summer parties.
- Bottle Camp
- These workshops will help you discover your wine style for summer. Join Rod Phillips as he introduces you to wines styles and help you broaden your wine horizons. This workshop also includes free samples.
Spring/Summer Wine Collection
- Join Rod Phillip’s as he unveils a spring/summer wine collection focused around bubbles, bbq, patio sipping and celebration.
Live Local Talent
- Enjoy live local talent at their stage while you sip on your drinks. Hosted By DJ Andrew Carter and Jeff Rodgers and will feature some of Ottawa’s favourite local bands.
- Sample from some of Ottawa’s local microbreweries that will be at the show. This is the perfect opportunity to try something new and find your new favourite beer.
Battle of the BBQ
- In support of the Ottawa Mission, cast your vote for the best Tastes of Summer with Chef Ric Allen Watson.
Eat, Drink, Spring is the perfect way to try some new food and drinks to spark some ideas before all your summer entertaining. You’ll have a blast moving from booth to booth with your friends and trying new drinks and food. It’s the perfect opportunity to try something new and branch out and trying something that you wouldn’t normally. It’s great to have the opportunity to speak to the different vendors and learn a little more about their products and expand your beverage knowledge while finding out what you like best. You can purchase tickets here.