4 slices of any bread of choice (whole wheat, gluten-free, white etc)
1 large egg
¼ cup lactose-free milk of choice (almond, rice, soy, coconut etc)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
¼ cup sliced fresh strawberries
1/8 cup fresh blueberries
Syrup of choice to improve taste
– Slightly grease a frying pan with oil
– In a medium bowl, mix egg, vanilla extract, almond extract, cinnamon and milk together.
– To begin cooking the French toast, put the greased frying pan on medium heat.
– Then quickly dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture and fry both sides of the bread for about 5-7 minutes as needed.
*For this step, make sure the bread isn’t dipped in the egg mixture for too long, because the more wet the bread, the longer it takes too cook and the bread may become mushy and unappetizing.
– Once all the bread slices have been dipped in the egg mixture and fried consecutively, then arrange them on a plate, sprinkle some icing sugar, sliced strawberries, and blueberries. Finally, lightly drizzle the syrup of choice on the French toast and serve.