Easter weekend might have passed but spring has only just sprung! So why not put all those leftover Easter treats to good use in this simple but decadent dessert that is sure to be a crowd pleaser (and a fun alternative to standard cupcakes too).
Ingredients for 8 Cheesecakes:
- 8 round wafer cookies (roughly the size of the bottom of your muffin tins)
- 1 8oz package cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Add-ins for Mini Eggs Cheesecakes:
- 1 tbsp Mini Eggs per individual cheesecake
- 1 tbsp crushed washer cookies per cheesecake
Add-ins for Crème Egg Cheesecakes
- 2-3 mini Crème Eggs per cheesecake
- Chocolate and caramel sauce to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray 8 muffin tins with cooking spray and place a wafer cookie in the base of each muffin cup.
- Using an electric mixer, blend all cheesecake ingredients together in a medium sized bowl until smooth.
- If making both Mini Eggs and Crème Eggs cakes, divide batter evenly into two bowls. Crush Mini Eggs on a cutting board with the bottom of a measuring cup and stir into batter. Save 3 Mini Eggs per cake to place on top of cheesecakes once baked. For Crème Egg batter, slice the mini Crème Eggs into quarters and stir into batter. Save half of a Crème Egg per cake to place on top of cheesecakes once baked.
- Ladle a roughly equal amount of batter into each muffin tin.
- For Mini Eggs cakes, sprinkle the crushed wafer cookies on top to resemble a nest.
- Bake at 350F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly, remove from tins, and place extra egg toppings on top. If making Crème Egg cakes, drizzle with chocolate and caramel sauce before placing egg.