These raw breakfast cookies are jam-packed (pun intended) with everything you need for a great start to the day. Grab them on-the-go, or sit down and enjoy with a tall glass of milk. The best part is that you can throw in whatever “boosts” you’d like to customize them to suit your nutritional preferences.
Yields 8-10 cookies
- 1 cup almonds (or other nut of choice)
- 6-8 pitted medjool dates (depending on preferred sweetness)
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 2 tbsp “boosts” of choice (flax seed, chia seeds, buckwheat, wheat germ…)
- 1 tsp jam per cookie (check out our super easy and healthy 3 ingredient jam on instagram)
- 1 tsp peanut butter (or other nut butter) per cookie
- Blend almonds and dates in a food processor with almond milk until mixture is still coarse and granular, but batter-like.
- Stir oats and other boosts (if using) into the mixture until well combined.
- Begin rolling batter into balls of desired cookie-size, then press down to flatten slightly, and finish by creating a thumbprint well in the middle of each cookie.
- Spoon jam into the well of each cookie, and drizzle with peanut butter.
Recipe inspired by Oh She Glows