Even though it’s snowstorm-ing out there, we’re bringing you more ways you can enjoy the summertime goodness of peaches all year round. Here’s another delicious recipe using canned cling peaches, along with some of their great health benefits.
Ingredients for 12-16 large muffins:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup + 2 tbsp whole grain oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
¼ cup + 2 tbsp brown sugar
½ tsp salt
2/3 cup honey
1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 cup heavy cream (can substitute with milk, almond milk or coconut milk)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 can California Cling Peaches
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine all dry ingredients—flour, 1 cup of the oats, baking powder, baking soda, ¼ cup of the brown sugar, and salt—in a large mixing bowl, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey, yogurt, eggs, cream, and vanilla extract, until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the large bowl of dry ingredients, and stir just enough to combine. Drain and dice the peaches, and add fold into the batter.
- Line a muffin tin with liners or coat with cooking spray. Ladle batter into the tins, filling each about ¾ of the way. Use the remaining 2 tbsp of oats and 2 tbsp of brown sugar to top the muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of a muffin.