Happy Sunday Beautiful Humans!
The beautiful fall season has bestowed upon us all, and I am super excited to write to you about the uncertainty and anxiousness we all experience when it comes to our futures. I am not excited that we experience these things, I am most certainly excited to share some inspiration with you lovely people. Some inspirations that might brighten your future…
“Your future is so bright.. even brighter than the sun.” When I hear these words from someone I know, I smile, nod my head, and think to myself: “I’m not so sure about that.” You’re not the only one that has no idea where they are headed. It’s okay. It’s alright. Allow yourself to open up to uncertainty, which I believe is the key ingredient that leads to all of your endless opportunities.
It becomes extremely easy to become consumed with trying to understand ourselves, with trying to figure out who we are, what we want, where we are going in the future and what our purpose is on this earth. And it is all too tempting to become obsessed with wanting the world to understand us and validate our existence. In this day and age of self-consideration, our society exhorts us to have plenty of self-esteem with inspiring statements such as “believe in yourself” or “your future is full of greatness.” Yet the same society that encourages us to believe in ourselves also holds up unattainable standards of physical and intellectual perfection. Our culture breeds insecurity while heroically parading a message of self-esteem.
If you feel like you have no idea where you are headed, you are NOT alone. Let the fact that nobody knows every intricate detail of their futures comfort you. For me, I believe the God is this one entity that knew every detail of my life before I was breathed into existence. I believe that He is always there for me when I am unable to see past my tough situations. Who is your God? Do you worship to a God or many gods? When times get tough, who do you turn to? Your spirituality is so important and you must not lose sight of what is most important to you.
“What do I do? I’m freaking out here.”
Sometimes you just gotta eat cake for breakfast. Something else you must keep in mind is committing to something larger than your own existence is brings a steady feeling of comfort and ease. Whenever you find yourself freaking out about the future, follow these quick 10 tips:
1. Take a deep breathe. Tell yourself “I don’t need to have it all figured out right now.”
2. Drink lots of water. It’s good for your mind and body.
3. Go up to a mirror and smile. You are beautiful. Now say it out loud. “I AM BEAUTIFUL”
4. Make a list of things you need to get done for the day. Take it one step at a time.
5. Take a 15 minute nap.
6. Go for a 10 minute walk and admire the beauty around you.
7. Dance party with your favorite music. Shake off all your worries.
8. Call your best friend and rant. It helps.
9. Yoga and meditation. Do some stretches and make yourself physically, mentally and spiritually feel good.
10. Pray. Talk to the skies and admire the beauty that is all around you.
Have a good one friends. Keep your head high and your crown higher.
“It is how how we embrace the uncertainty in our lives that leads to the great transformations of our souls.”