It all began with the idea of a mission: save the planet. No big deal right? Wanting to reduce my carbon footprint, I figured I had to just start somewhere, so I turned my attention to the Terra 20 store that happens to be right down the street from me in the city of Ottawa. With its one purpose to encourage a healthier and more sustainable lifestyle, I immediately committed to researching and purchasing cruelty-free brands here. From unique cosmetics to luxurious skincare, I’ve starting to love it all. Here’s a glimpse into some products I think everyone could really get into, along with a giveaway so you can grab some of your own goodies from one of these awesome brands.

Gabriel Cosmetics

Until recently, I was on a kick where I wasn’t wearing any makeup. I’ve slowly gained back more and more of my interest in beauty products, because I have to agree with the statement that when you make yourself look good on the outside, you a feel a little bit better on the inside. I still firmly believe that we’re all natural beauties, but I’ve been compelled to get out there and add a little bit of flair, so long as the products are safe for one and all. Gabriel Cosmetics has one of the newer distinguishing factors, being Natural Products Association-certified. What this means is that a product must be 95% naturally derived with a long list of no-no’s for the other 5% – the same organic standards of food. This is a far cry from some drugstore products, that are said to contain arsenic, cadmium, lead, and nickel, which is pretty disturbing. Heavy metal in a bad way. So, say hi to your new clean and green makeup organic junkies! Gabriel is great if you’re looking for heavier coverage in a foundation, which is more difficult to come by in most natural products. This company makes the only genuinely full-coverage liquid makeup that’s natural. The same goes for the Dual Powder Foundation, which you can opt to use on its own or in conjunction with the liquid foundation.

***I use both the liquid and powder, and apply a very minimal amount, so that although it’s full coverage, it still looks very natural.


Schmidt’s Natural Deodorant

With a range of choices like Bergamot + Lime, Cedarwood + Juniper, Lavender + Sage, and Ylang Ylang + Calendula, these natural deodorants are made of 100% natural ingredients and are aluminum-free, propylene-glycol-free, paraben-free, and phthalate-free. Crafted by hand in the Pacific Northwest, they come in 2 oz. jars, and effectively neutralize underarm odor and absorb wetness (for real – I can attest). Now, have fun trying all the different scents!


Bamboo Cleaner Facial Cleansing Clothes

Facial wipes are seriously one of the best products ever invented. They’re super for us lazies who don’t really want to go through all the trouble of actually washing our faces before bedtime. Or perhaps you simply don’t have the resources to actually use a liquid cleanser, like if you’re in the middle of the wilderness on an epic camping trip. It’s super pure, free of harmful chemicals (meaning free from 27 ingredients that Terra 20 believes to be harmful to human health and the environment). And bonus: it’s made in Canada, as in wholly obtained or produced, or follows the guidelines set out by the Competition Bureau. It’s soaked in vitamins B12, C, & E, and lifts and dissolves makeup without stinging eyes. On top of all of this, it was the 2014 winner of the Best Natural Beauty Product for the Canadian Beauty Awards.


I love a good giveaway, as I’m sure many of you do as well. So, you’re in luck! Thanks to Gabriel Cosmetics, I have a $60.00 gift certificate to give away to one lucky winner.

Post a comment here on the blog telling me which Gabriel product you’d most like to try. The contest closes Friday October 7, 2016 at 5:00PM EDT and I’ll announce the winner on Friday evening. Contest is only open to residents of Ottawa-Gatineau. Good luck!

vegan cosmetics shop

Congratulations to Rosa, who has won a $60.00 gift certificate that can be used toward any Gabriel Cosmetics product. Enjoy and share some photos with us! Thanks to everyone for entering and stick around for my next giveaway!